Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TWITTER

Just yesterday I was reading the genius Roald Dahl's book The Twits. I gave it to a friend some time ago to encourage her to read, who then gave it to another friend after I had boasted of its hilarity, who gave it to another friend to read to her baby.

That's what I think of whenever I hear Twitter. Twitter is an annoying word too, very gossipy. "They kept twittering over her status after the scandal of her baring her ankle was exposed", "Twittering madly about incompetent teachers at some nancypants boarding school" etc.

And yet I have decided to conform to the masses by attempting to master Twitter. I shall be twittering on Twitter, only they call it "tweeting". In Arabic the sound of a bird is called 'hadeel" which is also a nice name for a girl. So I shall be hadeeling on Twitter. My vocabulary has already expanded by two words, Retweet and Hashtag. On fascinating days when Ramallah gets to be that much more interesting the world will now have a glimpse into my extraordinary insights into life. This feels like a big step, and my technologically challenged brain just became more tech savvy.

Now all I need is a phone with a camera in it. MTV generation is not what I am thanks.

Update: The Twitter box has now been added!

1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of your blogs, and Mashallah you are a great writer! You not only described the Bira but you described almost EVERY balad! I'm from the Mizra3a and everything you said fit the description of my balad! The comments people left only proved in your favor of the stereotypes you pointed out. These people should read your other blogs and not judge you on just one! Keep up this amazing blog and stay true to yourself. Let all these comments motivate you to write even more amazing articles.

    ReplyDelete